Thursday 1 June 2006

Old Photographs #5

Posted by Ewen on Thursday, June 01, 2006 with
I like this one because of the good view of the main stadium which is now obscured by pesky trees.

Note the 'tucked in' singlets - very neat.

I'm guessing this was a 1500 metre race. The bearded runner is Andrew S, who, for many seasons had the ambition of running sub 4 minutes for 1500 metres. He eventually achieved this goal due in no small part to his single-minded focus on the event.

Andrew used to 'double' and run the 3k steelechase for Interclub points. His technique was so bad that even a slow wombat could beat him and that was before the said wombat was coached by Geoff to run under 11 minutes for the event.

This is my last post for a while as I have to pack my bags for our trip to THE BIG ONE. Geoff will be back soon to report on his fabulous, fast and hot half marathon.