Monday 12 June 2006

Cooler than cool

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, June 12, 2006 with
My training progress

last week's target n/a actual 62k
this week’s target 100k
quote of the week “Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
weight 65kg and steady
song of the week Year of the Rat - The Whitlams, from "Little Cloud"

Monday and Tuesday were long runs in Brisbane, then three days off running while returning home. We visited Western Plains Zoo on Friday morning. I “raced” Goorooyarroo on Saturday in 37:40, very slow but still three minutes faster than last year when I jogged the last bit. Hills are not my forte. Had a bit of a run with Griffin and Speedy Goose on Sunday before heading off to Scott & Ruth’s engagement party. Can’t say I am feeling all that flash but it’s good to be home, despite the cooler than cool – ice cold – weather.