Saturday 2 March 2013

LBG

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, March 02, 2013 with

I finally ran a complete lap of Lake Burley Griffin this morning, and it turned out to be exactly 28k. Starting from Acton Ferry Terminal at 8:00am and running anti-clockwise, first to Scrivener Dam then along the South side of the lake through the wetlands, then back along the North side to Acton again. It was cold which made it ideal for a long run. The triathletes were setting up at Acton, I don't envy them having to swim on a day like this and then battle the southerly wind on their bikes. Running with me today was Kristian who cut back over Kings Avenue Bridge, completing 20k, his longest run. Then I ran with various random people after he left me, there were quite a few runners doing the East Basin circuit this morning. Among them, I stopped and talked with Laura dlC who was running clockwise with one of her many friends. Twice I bumped into CJ and Ruth doing a long run together; longer than mine.

I do prefer this cooler weather. most pleasant. The run felt easy, the average pace was 5:45 per km including stops to chat and to drink from the bubblers on the way. Let's call the actual running 5:40s.