Monday 19 June 2006

Moore updates

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, June 19, 2006 with
My training progress

last week's target 100km actual 94km
this week’s target 110k
weight 66kg and rising
song of the week Come Back Down - Lifehouse

"When you come around
I'll be there for you
Don't have to be alone with what you're going through."

I must reverse that weight gain - it was 62 or 63 before April's marathon, and has gone up to 65 or 66 since. There are ten weeks until the Vets half, my next challenge. I should be able to get down to 60 or 61 kg by then. I can come back down!!!!! My times have been improving despite the weight gains, but it would be so much easier, were I lighter!

My best time in the Terry Fox Fun Run as an M50 was 41.46, and so far as an M55 was 43.37, so yesterday's 40.56 is all the more pleasing for bettering both those times.

Lastly, I hope to see Peter today and again tomorrow to see how he is doing and offer him all the support we can provide him. I know he appreciates all your kind wishes and expressions of concern.

footnote - I see that one of my favourite songs, The Hardest Part, which I quoted in my coaching essay, entered the aria singles chart this week. It is the only decent new lyric being played today. But it has a very weird video clip!