Thursday 21 February 2019

My running streak day 165

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, February 21, 2019 with
Today I ran around Mount Stromlo before I met up with the speedygeese, then got them to do 3 x 1k with a whole kilometre jog in between. Most did that, some achieving recent PBs, some did not do exactly what I had prescribed, because pleasingly they have their own personal goals consistent with their own progress and ambition. My 12k was also pleasing but in future I will do half that on Thursday mornings along with a more intense gym session which I am switching from Fridays to Thursdays from next week. It is important to keep on challenging myself to try for more ambitious targets.

So the runners tonight were: Daniel (visitor from East Sydney: the unexpected publicity in national Fairfax media is already working after 2 days!!!), Andrew, Lisa, Jennie, Jenny, Bron, Paul Q, Brownie, Jen too, Sandeep, Isaac looking very fast, and of course me too. At Handlebar afterwards, George rocked in after a couple of laps of the mountain on his bike. I am enjoying the revival of the group at Stromlo Forest Park and enjoying seeing the large number of other training groups there.

Here's a relative newcomer whose running pace and enthusiasm is inspiring us all. Michael Smith. Nice running style.