Saturday, 19 December 2015

Golf course 10k

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, December 19, 2015 with 3 comments
I didn't attend parkrun today, seeing as I'd raced Thursday night and I do not want to re-injure this left hamstring, which is healing nicely but not quite there yet. So I tried out new loops at the Belconnnen Golf course, to see what the western side is like, where I haven't recently been running. The run was not fully satisfactory though; parts of it had good shade, parts of it didn't.



3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever ran around a golf course. In theory, I would hope the soft grass would be nice, but may be little like sand, looks easy, but not so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to run on the actual golf course but it looks like most of Geoff's run was either on equestrian trails or road/paths...I hope you ran early as it was quite warm when we started playing at about 10:20am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just missed you Bron - I started at 9:28 and finished at 10:28 - other than the 1k from home and the 1k back, the whole golf course run was inside the fence and under as many trees as possible. As for the equestrian trail, it is too overgrown to run on, it badly needs mowing/clearing and is quite a fire hazard. I declare that the temp was very hot, too. Lots of golfers early; I am not usually there on a Saturday as parkrun call. But then, you do both!

    ReplyDelete