Thursday 17 September 2015

draft Vets track program

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, September 17, 2015 with
Vets track starts in a month's time. Two out of every three weeks are at the new Woden track. I am thinking of attending most weeks at both venues. I haven't yet finalised my training pattern from October and on, but that is my current thinking. Regardless, Vets track is a good opportunity for anyone thirty years of age and over to include one short sharp running race into their program, which can only benefit people getting or staying fit. And the standard is not high, not at all, anyone can participate without feeling they are outclassed.

The program is draft but close to final. The first half of the season is reproduced below. Click to enlarge.



It would be great to see more people using these races to develop their speed and fitness. And of course there are also throwing, jumping, and walking events to try as well for those so inclined.

I am keen to see good fields for the relays. I have decided that I will help organise M65 teams this season for all relays ranging from 4 x 100m to 4 x 1500m. If possible I will participate in the 4 x 800m and 4 x 1500m myself. How about those of you in other age categories doing the same? If you would like to do this, I can provide contact details for those in your age category.