Friday 11 September 2015

Changes to speedygeese training venues as we transition from winter to summer

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, September 11, 2015 with
Mondays at Parliament House:
This will continue every Monday as usual.
Monday 14th: we will eat at the Yacht Club after training
Monday 21st: training as usual
Monday 28th: Training as usual but I shall be away
Monday 5 Oct: Training as usual; I am still away
Monday 12 Oct: Training as usual; I am still away
Monday 19 Oct: Training as usual; I'm back!

Thursdays:
Dickson Oval is expected to be unavailable, so
Thursday 17th: Training at Kaleen
Thursday 24th: Training at Kaleen
After that if people want to meet at Kaleen or elsewhere it's fine by me.

Thursday 15 Oct: Vets track begins, I plan to be there. I am open to alternative suggestions.

Kaleen:
Parking is at the end of Turon Place, off Diamantina, as indicated by the red circle in the map below.
The ovals are well lit and used by a number of sporting teams for training.
There is plenty of room for us to train around the perimeter of the ovals.
The timetable is:
4:30pm: I shall go on a longer run from Kaleen; all welcome to join me.
5:30pm: we commence a warm-up jog around the ovals
6:00pm: we begin an interval training session
6:30pm: intervals are finished and we complete a short cool-down.
The plan is to run long intervals at this venue.
If we turn up and there are no lights, we have the option of reconvening at UC, not far away.

Turon Place, off Diamantina