Thursday 30 April 2015

What's happening?

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, April 30, 2015 with
(1) Thursdays at Dickson oval is happening each week: 4:30pm for an easy 7k run; 5:30pm for training on the track under lights. We are doing long intervals there. Anyone can turn up and join in.

(2) This Saturday 2nd May I had planned to do the Shellharbour parkrun.
But...
Shellharbour parkrun is cancelled on 2 May 2015: Course has been damaged by torrential rain.
Nevertheless Jenny and I will have a few days' holiday in Kiama and Jamberoo, having a good time. Rain or shine.

(3) This Monday 4th May at Parliament House I will be bringing champagne for my birthday! We encourage everyone to do that on their birthday week; some "forget". May the fourth be with you.

(4) Our next group dinner will be another informal one at the Yacht Club, after training on Monday 11th May. Anyone may come; no need to confirm in advance.

(5) There's a "May Challenge" starting tomorrow of course. Please join in; many are! To print it, you can press "file"... "download as" "PDF document", and print that.

See where I ran - this is yesterday's 12k run after gym work at Kippax. I hadn't run up that hill through Flynn to Mount Rogers for many years. It's another sign my fitness levels are improving.