Thursday 27 November 2014

Announcing the December Challenge #speedyGMDecemberChallenge

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, November 27, 2014 with
November Challenge nearly done!

Here is the link for the December Challenge. One way to get a printed copy – Open the link.. File.. Download As.. PDF document.. open, and print. Or you could download it as an excel file if you wish to play with the file.

The December Challenge will build more strength and is less of a challenge than November was, as the exercises don't go on forever as they did in November! You will need some equipment this time though; minimally a medicine ball and a single weight.

The December Challenge #hashtag for Facebook and Instagram: #speedyGMDecemberChallenge. I will use it as a blog label here, too.

My training plan is to do the challenge of course, and to introduce into my running training three days of intensive Lydiard-style hill work which will last until mid January.

I shall work towards this pattern:
Saturdays: hill exercises (I will start at Acton as at present)
Sundays: long run (I will start at Stromlo as at present, but earlier)
Mondays: easy running (supervising at Parliament House)
Tuesdays: hill exercises
Wednesdays: gym session and easy running
Thursdays: hill exercises and/or a track event if/when fit and I feel like it
Fridays: gym circuit and short sprints

By April I hope to be as fit and as successful and as good looking as this guy: