Wednesday 26 March 2014

Recent training sessions

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 with
Wet weather this week - I hope it lasts a bit longer. Not for the Running Festival in less than three weeks time, though.

On Saturday I did my first long run (other than the previous Sunday's Half Marathon race) and revisited an old hilly course I used to run from home which takes in the long downhill next to Coulter Drive, Weetangera. I hadn't measured it before and it turned out to be a bit shorter than the 15k I expected and I even had to run a loop at the end to make it up to 14k. That was far enough for now!

14k Coulter Drive 22 March


Altitude


On Sunday 23 March the speedygeese met @ Stromlo Forest Park: Andrew and Dave ran 3 x 1km with me watching. It seemed quite cool but the sweat was dripping.

Then Monday 24 March at Parliament House it rained lightly through the session. I ran a soggy 6k early, then the speedygeese, Abi, Bronwyn, Christopher, me, Jen & Ruth ran on the firm grass of the small oval 12 x 200 on 2 mins with 200m jog. The surface there was relatively dry and it had been marked out for soccer. Have you ever seen a circular (mini-)soccer field before?