Sunday 9 June 2013

Mount Stromlo Circuit

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, June 09, 2013 with
Dear Diary: Today I managed to get out in zero degrees and run 13k, a much better effort than yesterday despite the cold. How did I manage this? It was all due to Lucia, Andrew, and Sarah-Jayne meeting me at 8:00am and giving appropriate encouragement. As age wearies me and the years condemn it is becoming more difficult to get up the energy to run solo, much easier to get the running completed when joining or joined by others. Company has always helped but this is true now more than ever. By the way, today's three companions are all running well.

Mount Stromlo 13k

This is one of my favourite runs but it is such a long time since running it, I may not have put the map up for a while, if ever.

It was Sarah-Jayne's last long Sunday run with us before she leaves for Albury. We will surely miss her! Fear not, she hopes to join in this Monday and next at Parliament House before her final farewell.

I dug out this photo from the archives...

Sarah-Jayne and friends