Wednesday 12 June 2013

Fancy running in the rain?

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 with
Yes thanks. Following my training program has #1 priority.

It looks as if we might get some rain for the rest of the week. Keep on running, keep on running!

I was talking to Susan about training and said that one day off a week was a good idea, and that included no gym work, yoga, stretching class etc, "like I do". Then I thought, hang on, I go to the gym on my "day off". So I have rearranged my training plans and will move my "day off" to another day, and run on my gym day instead of resting.

My training plans are flexible, and atrocious weather can mean a temporary rearrangement of sessions. If I miss a day for whatever reason, I like to reschedule the session for later in the week. However I have a rule I follow when in full training: at the end of the week, write off any missed sessions, and start again on Monday with a clean sheet.

For that reason, it is a good idea to schedule the rest day towards the end of the week. Maybe even Sunday, the last day of my running week. And do any missed training on that day when necessary. So that is what I will do.

New template
You have noticed that the blog template has been updated. If you find any problems let me know. I had to make the background the colour it is so that my existing post highlight colours could stay as they are (this, this, and this, although I will do some more fine tuning). Ewen couldn't find my training diary. Look at the very top of the template and you will see the links to who we are, where we train, who I am, and how I train. Later when I get time I will add a whole lot of menu items further down where just "home" appears at present.

There are six slides in the "slide show" and you click on the arrows to navigate.

Training last night at Dickson
Running early - Miranda and I, 13k, meeting up with Kelley again on the way round Mt Ainslie.
Running track - we ran a serious of six or seven 450m runs with 450m jog in between. There was Rod, Colin, Ruth, Margaret, Kym, Mick H and Kelley.

Wet and cold mountain running action

One competitor and several onlookers