Friday 12 April 2013

Mild mild days of April

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 12, 2013 with
Last night speedygeese met Bilbys at the UC for our first training session together. A handful of Bilbys led by Guy Jones (mnemonic to remember his name for next time, "dry bones") outnumbered Colin, Rod & I for a session of ~530m hard, ~120m recovery x some number. I just tagged along. This will be ideal training: A good grassy surface, brightly lit (but bring a torch just in case), plenty of faster runners to help us pick up the pace, and no pressure so that  runners like me can just potter along. I like the fact that they run continuously, which gives me an option to just "go for a run" at the back. An excellent day's work.

Today I ran Customs and am hoping to start improving soon. Friday at Customs is planned to become one of my two effort days each week.
At the Customs 5k today
Tim Calver 18:50
Bronwyn Calver 22:05
Jen Bright 22:15
Geoff Moore 22:22
Bob & Carolyne were there; Bob still recovering from serious injury ran 24:08. He is going to improve rapidly and I join his age group in just 22 more days! Pressure's on.  

Personal Bests in real life? Not so sure about that.