Thursday 8 November 2012

real runners stick it out

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, November 08, 2012 with
Thanks to Warrick who alerted me to this article.
"How one bearded, bespectacled, determined runner has enjoyed fifty-plus fulfilling years of his favorite sport...And how you can, too."

Gosh there are two of us. And we have both been running for 50 years+.

"From Doc I learned that there's little point in running once or twice (or one or two years; or one or two decades), and then quitting. Real runners stick it out, because sticking it out is the value proposition. We learn little from hitting one finish line; we absorb much from a lifetime journey. On my 50-year journey, I've found that the secrets of lifetime running are simple, as Doc promised, yet profound and far-reaching. I hope you'll find them useful, too." - Amby Burfoot.

Full article at http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--14578-0,00.html.