Saturday, 15 September 2012

Oooh I haven't done my blog post yet

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, September 15, 2012 with 9 comments
It was nearly the day that time forgot. Busy, I guess. No swim for me today but a review of the website I am developing for the AMA Nationals took some of the time. Also getting my 95th Vetrunner article written and sent off by tonight's deadline; possibly the third-last such article as there are no takers for the Editor's position yet and the newsletter may fold.

More importantly, I ran 16k this morning with Liz, (that's Liz B, not Liz D, nor Liz M, nor Liz W! No wonder I find it hard to remember names) - great company, my longest run since the disastrous half marathon attempt on 29 July. Also, our training pace was 5:30 per km, some 40 seconds per km faster than my previous best in those seven weeks. Not bad considering I am still carrying the foot injury, and my weight has blown out to 68kg through minimal training with no reduction in eating. Perhaps things are improving, although I was sore for the last km today.

With this heel problem, running uphills is much easier and safer than running downhills. I quite approve of the following construction and if anyone has one I will be glad to train on it.

9 comments:

  1. Good to catch up for a jog and a chat this am SpeedyGeoff. Does this mean I'm a SpeedyGoose again after a considerable absence from your training group(s)? Look after that heel and I'll see you in Melb (if not before).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the recent addition of Andrew T, Brendan, Liz D, Tim R, plus the return of Tony and now Liz B, we have 71 current speedygeese! There are four Liz's.

      Delete
    2. Go the Speedy Lizs'; a unique sub-set of the SpeedyGeese :) Do you have another sub-set with a greater number of members with the same name?

      Delete
    3. "Cathy" with its variants win hands down.... if you include former speedygeese. I can think of six, there may be more.

      Delete
  2. I knew it was Liz B. 5:30 per k is her easy jogging pace. Bet you couldn't get a word in edgeways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another lost bet - along with the Hawks one. You'd better practice your backwards technique.

      Delete
  3. Can we get one of those slippery-dip things at PH? Even I would do hill repeats then!

    ReplyDelete