Saturday 15 September 2012

Oooh I haven't done my blog post yet

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, September 15, 2012 with
It was nearly the day that time forgot. Busy, I guess. No swim for me today but a review of the website I am developing for the AMA Nationals took some of the time. Also getting my 95th Vetrunner article written and sent off by tonight's deadline; possibly the third-last such article as there are no takers for the Editor's position yet and the newsletter may fold.

More importantly, I ran 16k this morning with Liz, (that's Liz B, not Liz D, nor Liz M, nor Liz W! No wonder I find it hard to remember names) - great company, my longest run since the disastrous half marathon attempt on 29 July. Also, our training pace was 5:30 per km, some 40 seconds per km faster than my previous best in those seven weeks. Not bad considering I am still carrying the foot injury, and my weight has blown out to 68kg through minimal training with no reduction in eating. Perhaps things are improving, although I was sore for the last km today.

With this heel problem, running uphills is much easier and safer than running downhills. I quite approve of the following construction and if anyone has one I will be glad to train on it.