Sunday 17 June 2012

time and time again

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, June 17, 2012 with
Speedygeese in Saturday's ACT Cross Country Championships
W55 8k Maria O'Reilly 35:12.6 1st - GOLD
W65 8k Caroline Campbell 45:10.8 1st - GOLD
M60 8k Geoff Moore 34:48.4 3rd – BRONZE

Well done Caroline! Still winning despite being at the top of an age group.

Caroline in last Monday's half marathon. She races time and time again and still finds time to train!

My time in the 8k cross country was 3 seconds slower than last year, when I also finished third. At least I achieved my main aim of having no-one older than me ahead of me this time. I will move up to the M65s next year. This could be good.

Saturday's Ginninderra Parkrun #8 (5k)
27. Jill Pearson 25:04 - a new Parkrun PB for her.
62 finishers

For Jill that's seven runs plus one time officiating in 8 Parkruns. Which beats everyone else hands down. She will be ticked off if she can't get out there one week. But I don't want to wind you up so I won't go into minute detail. It would drive you cuckoo.