Saturday 23 June 2012

Goorooyaroo

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 23, 2012 with
Today I ran in the Mulligans Flat/Goorooyaroo Half Marathon as a training run - and managed the same time as I ran in the Sri Chinmoy Half Marathon two weeks ago, 1:41-ish. The course was very enjoyable - an off road, undulating, what I would describe as a runnable course.

Soon after the start -photos by John Harding,

There were two packs as you can see. Martin Dent, warming up for his Olympic Marathon, and everybody else.

A little later

I used the initial climb as a warm-up. Here I am passing Nick Blackaby well after the start. The beanie and long sleeved top I discarded at the half way mark, once the frost started to melt. I still had a tee and singlet underneath.

The course -via my Garmin

A note on the course - the turn was at the end of the clockwise loop. i.e. we ran out, did the clockwise loop, then turned and ran it anticlockwise, then ran back to the start.

Course elevation


Meanwhile at Ginninderra Parkrun #9, another big PB for Jill, her first sub 25 parkrun.
15 Jill PEARSON 24:40
31 finishers
Jill is well ahead on the points table, having completed 8 of the 9 parkruns and having officiated at one.