Wednesday 2 May 2012

digging the weeds

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 with
Today, day 124 of my streak, I will be just jogging 6k, then heading off to a funeral - the last remaining brother of five, my wife's uncle, is no more, another generation gone - then relaxing in the company of her other relatives whom I do not know. A bit of emotional intensity but no physical intensity. "Digging the weeds" is of course yet another phrase from the Paul McCartney classic, "When I'm 64". It's not the only phrase in that innocent seeming song which all the oldies liked but which in hindsight had a rather obvious double meaning. No, I'm not "digging the weeds" at soon-to-be-64, that would be madness.

Yesterday's training at Dickson saw just six speedygeese run 45 minutes worth of 400m intervals. Cathy, Colin, Kym, Miranda, Neil, Susan. They ran 8. Or 7. I can’t be sure. Numbers are irrelevant, it was a great session. I ran earlier and got up 26k for the day in total. And a rather strenuous gym session before all that meant there were more than a few niggles which had to be run out. I will go on Sunday to the High Noon 3k but whether I run it or not depends on a speedier recovery than I am currently experiencing! Let's see a few fitter speedygeese running it, those High Noon meets are great events.

No excuse.