Thursday, 15 March 2012

shelf life

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, March 15, 2012 with 2 comments


YCRC Summer Series 5k Black Mountain Peninsula 13 March
To celebrate 50 years running I ran this 5k. Long grass; holes; twists and turns; great fun. My lap splits were approximately 7:25, 7:25. 7:20.
Speedygeese:
16. Geoff Moore M60 22:10
25. Ewen Thompson M50 24:39
33. Maria O'Reilly W55 25:57
44. Caroline Campbell W65 29:14
46. Ruth Baussmann W60 29:33
50 finishers

What I have been reading: finally finished Perdido Street Station, now reading Iron Council. I have a huge backlog of books to read!

What I have been listening to: amongst many others, Pete Murray’s “Blue Sky Blue”, surprisingly good. Also Triple J’s hot 100 volume 19, quite disappointing. I thought there just might be some good tracks other than the two I already have (Lotus Flower; Feeding Line). Not so. It seems Triple J is not for me, I will stick to the music I like. And some 80s music, which I "never" listen to. 1987. First track I played, He's Gonna Step On You Again, that was a good one. Then, Star Trekkin'. AAARRGH. So it is back to contemporary alternative music, thank you very much. And not Triple J.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot Mick Horan and Rob & Carol Ey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The speedygeese list has been culled from 100 to 50, although it will increase again and it's already 51. Lots of people haven't trained with us for a long time. I was wondering if anyone would notice their own name missing...

    ReplyDelete