Sunday 2 October 2011

de-tweeted but not de-feated

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, October 02, 2011 with
I deactivated my Twitter account "speedygeese" today. Twitter is mostly a pain. Whereas I find Blogger the best way to communicate, Facebook both useful and fun still, and google+ looking promising once it gets some users. But Twitter is superficial and a waste of time. The Blogger and Facebook experiments were successes, the Twitter experiment is over, and we'll see how google+ goes.

I am leaving Canberra on Wednesday for three weeks to spend time in Adelaide, compete at the Australian Masters Games, and do some sightseeing. Guess what, I have prepared each day's Blogger posts in advance. If you would like to know how and where I am going in Adelaide and beyond you will have to check out Facebook, e.g. via the obvious address  http://www.facebook.com/speedygeoff.

Let's have another strength exercise. Yes I do the exercises I'm posting. No I haven't met the model in the pictures yet.

Strength exercise #6. Lunges

  • Step forwards with one foot in a long stride
  • Make sure your feet are in line and pointing straight forwards
  • Keep your back upright as you slowly bend and lower the back knee towards the floor, raising the heel off the floor
  • At the same time bend the front knee, making sure it doesn't go past your toes
  • Don't let the back knee touch the floor before returning to the starting position
Variations
  • Use a dumbbell in each hand
  • Use a barbell over the shoulders
  • Walking lunges - after completing one lunge as above, swing the back leg forwards so that it becomes the front leg and repeat

O'Connor Ridge racer Amanda