Monday 18 July 2011

vault bars beam and floor

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 18, 2011 with
Coming Events week 29 of year 2011:

Mon 18 July4:30pmParliament House 8k jog
5:30pmParliament House speedygeese training
Wed 20 July 12:15pmBBQ Stakes 6k handicap
Thu 21 July 4:00pmDickson Oval long run
5:30pmDickson Oval speedygeese training
Fri 22 July 12:15pmCustoms Joggers 5k handicap
Sat 23 July 8:00amMetro Runners Acton Ferry Terminal
1:00pmYCRC Runners Shop 10k

Granddaughter Kayleigh has been competing in Perth at the National Gymnastics Championships.
IDP6: 30 competitors.
Day one:
20th on vault, 29th on bars, 3rd on beam, 5th on floor, 22nd overall.
Day two:
24th on vault, 16th on bars, **first** on beam, 6th on floor, 5th overall.
Combined:
22nd on vault, 26th on bars, 2nd on beam, 3rd on floor, 14th overall.

A bit tough when you're only just 12 years old and the only person you know there is your coach... 

"About Me". I have updated “about me“ (linked here) because I remembered I have been setting some new 2011 pbs. Nothing to write home about though.

Giving up was never an option.

I have been watching the Tour; never followed it before. Hurray for endurance events, and amazing that we see a full coverage of it.

Yesterday's Canada Day Fun Run here in Canberra was four laps of the Stromlo grass track, Warrick tells me. Great, I'm in it next year, if it's on again.

Winter in Canberra


I'm cooooold. But as I complete this post, 11am Monday morning, some rain is starting to fall at last here in Holt. My cold will probably stop me running for a couple more days, so let it rain!