The following club championship events will be held over the next few weeks:
Thurs 24 Feb
10000m walk (in conjunction with AACT walk championship)
Fri, Sat, Sun 4 – 6 March
Joint Track and Field Championships with AACT – draft timetable and info via this link
Sat 13 March
Thurs 24 March
5000m walk (in conjunction with AACT 1500, 3000, and 5000 walks)
Thurs 14 April
Important notes for the Joint T&F Championships 4 to 6 March
1. The closing date for entries is 9:00pm on Saturday 26th of February. Late entries will not be accepted.
2. Entry is on-line via this link.
3. Check in closes 45 minutes before the scheduled start time.
4. You will not be charged a gate fee for the Joint T&F Championships.
Medals will be available for collection in the Commonwealth room 30 minutes after the event, except for the events on Friday 4th, which can be collected on the Saturday or Sunday.
Other Championship events
1. Entries on the day until 30 minutes before the start.
2. Paper entry forms are to be used (not on-line).
3. Please download and complete the form (attached) and bring it to the event.
4. You must be entered in the championship to participate in that event (e.g. you cannot run in the 5km championship event unless you are entered in that event).
5. Fitness walkers are invited to participate in walking events of their choice (non championship).
6. Thursday night competitions - $4.00 gate fee as per normal for everybody plus $5.00 per championship event.
Medals presentations will be made at the track after the event.
Officials for the Track and Field Championships
We need volunteers over the weekend. If you are not competing and wish to help, or have some time to spare between events, please contact Ken Smith ( email@example.com or phone 0415 653 151 ) to indicate your availability.
This is a great opportunity for our ACTVAC officials to get some valuable experience in a high profile athletics competition where they can work under the guidance of experienced AACT Officials.
Twitter boosts hit counts
My hit count for the last couple of months has averaged 80-90 per day. Which is high. And I have never exceeded 110 in a day. Until: yesterday there were 130 hits, Monday 120, and Sunday 220! The spike is because someone has tweeted a link to the popular Nic Bideau article, "COACHING MIDDLE AND LONG DISTANCE RUNNERS", and as you know, tweets can "take off". This one has, resulting in many US readers in particular finding this blog. WELCOME!