Sunday, 31 October 2010

What it's like being retired

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, October 31, 2010 with 2 comments
Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - says they're busier than ever once they have retired.

I can vouch for that.



The other common saying is, "I don't know how I found time to work".

I hope everyone enjoyed the Monthly Handicap this morning. I didn't: I was too busy to attend. Busy having a brief holiday away from it all!

The Stromlo Running Festival people have a photo taken at Vanities Crossing. With the downpours of rain we are experiencing, will it be like this again next year?


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLEY 50 TODAY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELINE 57 TODAY!

2 comments:

  1. yes Geoff. I have had a few upper hamstring injuries in the past. YOu are wise to to take it easy. They can be particularly slow to heal and very painful (sitting especially is very painful). One took about 3 years to heal because mainly the physio insisted on stretching it aggressively , each visit getting worse until I finally did nothing for what seemed like forever.
    Good luck & please be patient so you don't end up like me - out for a very long time.
    Then take a gradual comeback & you will soon be back to yourself again.
    Southy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm retired too Speedygeoff. I've retired from having any control of what I do or think at least for the hours that have been paid and bought for!

    Looking forward to the time I think for myself but that may be short lived as my wife is ready and waiting to take up any slack ;)

    ReplyDelete