Monday 20 September 2010

will you be viewer #100,000?

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, September 20, 2010 with
If you look at the site meter you will see we are approaching 100,000 visits. I awarded a book prize for 50,000th visit, and I will do the same for the 100,000th visit. Or the closest to 100,000 I can identify. You are welcome to monitor the site meter and put in a claim! Any such claim will be taken into consideration but my verdict will be final!  Some visitors are easy for me to identify, some not so easy. An IP address with your claim will help! “This is no joke!” as they say. It should all happen by the middle of next week, and I will put out an alert closer to the time.

What's on this week:Monday 20 September: Parliament House 4:30pm 8k jog; 5:30pm speedygeese interval training, which will include some anaerobic work.
Wednesday 22 September: 12:15pm BBQ Stakes 6k handicap.
Thursday 23 September: Parliament House 4:30pm 8k jog; 5:30pm speedygeese interval training. **note change of venue for four weeks only**.
Friday 24 September: 12:15pm Customs 5k handicap, "Floriade" course.
Sunday 26 September: 9:00am ACTVAC monthly handicap, Arboretum.

Happy Birthday to the lovely Heidi, 40 today. Someone on FB welcomed Heidi to her fourth decade but actually it's her fifth. I didn't really want to know that but my brain ran ahead of me. Because, it means at 62, I am in the third year of my seventh decade. And that sounds and feels really old!

What do people do when they cannot run?
All I have thought of so far is, walk? I walked 2k this morning. Go to the Physio? Planned. Swim? I might do so this week, for the first time for many years. It's my long term plan B. Cycle? Can't. Gym? Not allowed. Read? Yes, I am catching up on some reading. I am most of the way through the Complete Father Brown, I have also finished reading the Tiffany Aching stories by Terry Pratchett (Wee Free Men, etc). I have a large stockpile of unread books, should last the year easily. And while I am reading, I am not raiding the pantry and getting fat(ter). This is my third month out of action....