Tuesday 7 September 2010

end of the line

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 with

Training at Parliament House last night saw 22 people - just one short of last week's roll-up - come along for a session of 12 x 40 seconds on two minutes, the version on the west side which alternates direction from the top of the steps above the little oval. Present were Andrew, Brett, Bronwyn, Christopher, Craig, Damian, Emma, Ewen, Garry, me, Jodie, Joel, Katherine, Kelley, Kym, Mick C, Nadine, Neil, Noeline, Richard, Ruth & Yelena. Everyone enjoyed their running except me, for whom it was a day I'd rather forget. A series of unfortunate incidents culminated with me re-injuring my hamstring, which puts me out of action indefinitely I fear. The last straw was a ton of bricks, I don't see myself being able to resume running any time soon. A milder injury sustained in the cross country championships put me out for ten days and even then the return to running proved to be too early.

Regardless it was great to see another large group of enthusiastic runners, especially the return of Garry and Noeline from their extensive holiday. They found it a little cooler than they may have wished, given that the track season is coming soon. The track we used this time was a bit tricky to run on in the twilight until the lights brightened, but there are other options for next time.

So for most of us it will be a great spring but for yours truly it appears to be the end of the line.