Tuesday 4 May 2010

may the fourth be with you

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 with
Monday night training: Rachelle, Jen, and Jennifer ran early & left (Jennifer looked pretty good for only one day after a marathon); Craig and I ran early and continued on; Andy, Emma, Helen, Joel, Karen, Kathy, Leanne, Neil & Yelena joined in for a second week of km intervals around the exercise circuit at Parliament House; one familiarisation lap then three laps fast with a bit of a jog in between; each lap runners stopping at one of the exercise stations of their choice. Then we all enjoyed some birthday champagne. The singing of ♫ ♪ "happy birthday" ♫ ♪ was more tuneful than usual because I was listening and not joining in!

May the fourth birthdays. Together with three of my facebook friends, Leanne Lade, Michelle Southwell, and William Chin, I share Alice Liddell's birthday! May the fourth be with you! If you don't know or have forgotten who Alice Liddell is, wikipedia her. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite books and is set on 4 May.

Marathon running: "It is not gymnastics or ice skating you know." - Emil Zatopek, when asked about his tortured expression during races.

The three hour train
Photos by Kerrie Tanner

I can see that reports were true, a good number of runners used the pacers. (I was the pacer organiser). This is a pleasant surprise; I hadn't expected all that many would be tagging on to the three hour pacer.