Saturday 24 April 2010

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, April 24, 2010 with
It was Mark Twain who said that.

This has been an easier week for me than the last as I look forward to a minor taper for the half marathon. The road running festival is now only seven days away, It looks like being a great event, so far there are over 1,000 entrants but many more will register at the last minute, I would think. On-line entries are still being taken.

In yesterday's Customs joggers 5k run I "cruised" around in 21:31. It couldn't have felt easier; the niggles might be slowly subsiding. Without really pushing the pace, I was trying out one of my new pairs of shoes, the Lunar Racers, to see how they felt. They are very light and felt fast but it may take me more than a week to run them in properly, and they may not afford me quite enough cushioning on the road at this stage.

Meanwhile this morning I ran 12k+ in the rain in my other new pair of shoes, a new version of the Nike Free 5.0. The decision is already taken: the Frees feel far more comfortable and will be what I wear next Sunday.


See you on the start line.