Thursday 8 April 2010

barefoot on the grass

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, April 08, 2010 with
I thought Jodie may have invented this at Monday night training; [edit: Bronwyn was the inventor]; then I see bus-loads of schoolchildren doing it; and now it's picked up by Hungry Beast. Is it time to form a new sporting club, with a name like "The Capital City Rollers"?



Maybe next Monday at Parliament House we will all give rolling on the grass a go.

Yili leading Warrick at Stromlo

Where we train, when it comes to green grass, suitable for comfortable barefoot running for example, I would now rate a couple of areas at Parliament House first, Dickson oval second, and Stromlo a distant third.

I see my third place at the last Vets handicap, which was at Stromlo, has pushed me back two groups to group 40. Gary's second place, in a time 40 seconds quicker than mine, has pushed him one group back to join me in group 40. What-the-? Where's the respect for older and slower? ;)

I need to get fit so I can at least see the field when I run the Vets handicap at Majura on Anzac Monday holiday, even if I don't catch anyone. But I will see you at Dickson tonight on the grass. Barefoot is an option, someone will be running barefoot on the grass, does anyone else want to join her?