Wednesday 3 March 2010

distance makes the heart grow stronger

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 with
A feature of distance running I particularly enjoy is that it gives me the chance to let off steam, to let emotions out, to laugh and cry, to express myself. That's right, running is therapeutic. Not only does running strengthen the physical heart, it also strengthens the metaphoric heart, the centre of the emotions. "I always feel better after running".

Laugh and Cry
The first of the photos from Sunday.




Click to enlarge. There might be a clue here as to why I headed Ken for the first 50 metres. Also, what is Ken holding? You can clearly see the two sticks in his hands. Changing your running style, Ken, because the alternative is a poke in the eye with a pointed stick?

I think the healthiest and happiest people are those who laugh at themselves the most. And we are in an era when the we have the most opportunities to laugh at ourselves, what with websites and blogs and Facebook pages showing us off at our best and our worst in photos and videos.

Smile for the camera!