Thursday 1 October 2009

Wear Your Love Like Heaven

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, October 01, 2009 with
I have been listening to some old Donovan music. I remember hearing him live at Canberra Theatre in about 1969. Brilliant.
And speaking of music, Canberra's best musical group The Idea Of North were on Hey Hey its Saturday Reunion last night. Here's the video.



We have strong connections with this group - our son Nathan knew the members well through the Canberra School of Music, and accompanied former band member Trish Delaney for some of her solo gigs. And much much earlier, in grade 1 Nathan's lovely teacher Martina Fechner taught the 5 and 6 year olds the German and English versions of "My Hat It Has Three Corners". Nathan loved that song; I wonder if he later passed it on to the band? Or I wonder if band members Nick Begbie and /or Andrew Piper were actually members of that class at Holt Infant/Primary School?

There is a second and last "Hey Hey" reunion next Wednesday; my favourite comedians Lano and Woodley are on, and Australia's best band Evermore is playing (I think). So once again I will be watching.