Tuesday 20 October 2009

rippling backward through time

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 with
"SOME scientists claim the giant atom-smashing Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is being jinxed from the future.... They say their maths proves that nature will 'ripple backward through time' to stop the LHC before it can create [the Higgs boson particle]." - for the full article go here.

I don’t usually “do a Doug Fry” and publish news items, but this one is bizarre enough to be an exception.
Although.... I think the marathon is like that; it is impossible to run fast early in the marathon and I often wonder why. Now I know it is a "ripple backward through time" that stops you setting yourself up for major hurting later.

What I am watching: saw one of my favourite movies again, The Shawshank Redemption, with its message of "Hope". Wonderful! It is rightly the favourite of many people. All runners thrive on hope.

Monday night training: A top training night; fine warm weather, large turn-out, lots of good recent performances to celebrate, everyone happy and well. Five of us ran the early 8k: Ewen Maria, Ruth, Miranda and I. Then we were joined by another 18 speedygeese: Andrew, Bronwyn, Cathy, Christopher, Frances, Gary, Helen, Jennifer, Jodie, Joel, Kat, Katherine, Mick C, Rachelle, Tony, Warrick, Yelena & Yili. I thought about having relays with such a large number, but settled on a repeat of last week's 30 minutes of 200 sprints on a 480m circuit. I ran quicker than last week despite feeling sluggish. I hope this trend continues.

That handicap 1500m
Looking back at the adjusted 1500m times I published on Tuesday, they are definitely incorrect; when I am able I will have another go at figuring out what they might have been. I haven't given up yet, there is still hope, but reason says I may have to, as clearly the standard start intervals were not used.

I..can't..seem..to..go..any..faster!