Saturday, 6 June 2009

resolve

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 06, 2009 with 7 comments

1. I don't have time to waste on things that don't matter. I have plenty of time for the things that count.
2. I don't have time to get moody, self-centered, and irritable. I do have time to love my wife and children and grandchildren.
3. I don't have time to wallow in the past at what might have been. I do have time to focus on the wonderful things that can happen today.
4. I don't have time to play self-importance games (Who do you know? What kind of house do you live in? What have your kids accomplished? What are you driving?) I do have time to build up others and forget myself.
5. I don't have time to coddle immature people whose idea of life is getting their own way. I have plenty of time to build relationships with friendly, positive people who may have various opinions about life.
6. I don't have time to be a peace-monger (doing whatever it takes to keep others from getting upset). I do have time to be a peacemaker (helping and caring about people no matter what).
7. I don't have time to play it safe. My life will be over all too soon in any case. I do have time to take risks.
8. I don't have time to blame others for being obstacles. I do have time to take responsibility for my own actions and behaviour.
9. I don't have time to complain and focus on the negative. I do have time to speak a word of hope to people who may be in need of encouragement.
10. I don't have time to settle for the mediocre. I do have time to be passionate about what matters most.

7 comments:

  1. I like this list. Very much.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you. And more challenging still - 11. I don't have time to conform to Builder rules, nor to reinforce Baby Boomer ideals. I will make time to defend GenX, befriend GenY, and champion GenZ who are after all the future and almost certainly will bring about the salvation and restoration of this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12. I don't have time to snub the current way of doing things ("back in *my* day..."). I do (apparently) have time to read and write blogs, and to keep up with popular music.

    Geoff, you are a very cool 70 year old. I even use you as my music reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cool 61 year old, Louise. 61. Baby Boomer. 13 in early 1962 when the music revolution began out of nowhere when the Beatles' "Love Me Do" was first aired. They knew how to have revolutions then, back in my day. And I still remember spelling, and I know words, like "A Big Smile Punctuated with a Sly Wink".

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I beg your pardon! 61 it is then.

    "back in my day"... ha ha. I can spel to.

    GenX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He only looks 70.

    Baby Boomer.

    ReplyDelete