Tuesday 24 February 2009

when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 with
and your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet were fire-proof ....

But my song of the week is: I am still running, by Jon Foreman, from the “Winter” EP. This song has been a favourite for a while, and "I am still running" rates alongside "There is no finish line" and "Fly Goose Fly" as my favourite quotations.

You remember me .. before I learned to run
At the kissing tree .. before I learned my guns
We were 17 .. 17 years young
I am still running.. I am still running..

I had no idea .. the pain would be this strong
I had no idea .. the fight would last this long
In my darkest fears .. the rights become the wrongs
I am still running .. I am still running .. I am still running .. I am still running

Build me a home .. inside your scars
Build me a home .. inside your song
Build me a home .. inside your open arms
The only place I ever will belong


I wonder if I will be still running after this week? I had better not be sore.


Over the boardwalk - that's where I'll be
Go get him 'chelle!