Sunday 25 January 2009

"ugly as a box of blowflies"

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, January 25, 2009 with
...is another piece of "genuine Aussie slang" I have never heard of. But it is a fair description of my running this morning as I ducked, weaved, and staggered along a rough Masters Handicap course at Campbell Park, forced off the best path frequently, very much a stop-start affair. The only redeeming feature of my run was that it was the fastest 3k of the day, about one second faster than Ken. We were all in the same boat with the traffic, nothing really to whinge about. It would have been very embarrassing though, if  I were not the fastest: I was the sole back-marker this month. And as I am giving away many years to the other quick runners, my age percentage is off to a good start.


Happy Birthday Riki, 10 years old today.