Tuesday 11 November 2008

Spiralling

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 with
Monday night speedygeese training: Alan, Amanda, Bronwyn, Christopher, Gary, me, Helen, Jodie D, Joel, Katie, Ken, Mick C, Miranda, Neil, Ruth & Yelena ran 45 minutes of 410m loops at Parliament House, sprinting 200m of them and jogging the rest, stopping occasionally for a stretch and a drink. Given the heat, most of us ran 15 loops, some ran 12 to focus more on speed, Gary ran 18.

Speedygeese results for the Australian Mountain Running Association's weekend events:
Two Peaks (20k)
13. Roger Pilkington M45 1:57:32
17. Charlie McCormack W40 2:02:39
22. Maria O'Reilly W50 2:06:33
23. Helen Larmour W45 2:06:37
25. Christopher Lang M55 2:13:56
31. Bronwyn Calver W35 2:18:00
34. Peter Hogan M60 2:21:48
42 finishers

Three Peaks (26k)
34. Mick Horan M45 2:38:01
50 finishers

Track program this Thursday night:
6:00pm sprint hurdles
6:15pm 1000m, 3000m, 5000m walk
6:30pm 100m
6:45pm 800m
7:10pm 200m handicapped, 200m scratch
7:30pm 10,000m
Looks like a warm one.

From today's Canberra Times



click to enlarge

Song of the week Spiralling, by Keane
The first track on the new album "Perfect Symmetry" by Keane, is an excellent song called "Spiralling". Obviously inspired by the multi lap spiral races we do at the track!



I'm waiting/For my moment to come/I'm waiting/For the movie to begin/I'm waiting/For a revelation/I'm waiting for someone/To count me in
Cos now/I only see my dreams/In everything I touch/Feel their cold hands on/Everything that I love/Cold like some/Magnificant skyline/Out of my reach/But always/In my eyeline now
We're tumbling down/We're spiralling/Tied up to the ground/We're spiralling
I fashioned you/From jewels and stone/I made you/In the image of myself/I gave you/Everything you wanted/So you would never know/Anything else
But everytime/I reach for you/You slip/Through my fingers/Into cold sunlight/Laughing at the things/That I had planned/The map of my world gets/Smaller as I sit here/Pulling at the loose/Threads now
We're tumbling down/We're spiralling/Tied up to the ground/We're spiralling/When we fall in love/We're just falling/In love with ourselves/We're spiralling
Did you wanna be a winner?
Did you wanna be an icon?
Did you wanna be famous?
Did you wanna be the president?
Did you wanna start a war?
Did you wanna have a family?
Did you wanna be in love?
Did you wanna be in love?
I never saw the light/I never saw the light/I waited up all night/But I never saw the light
When we fall in love/We're just falling/In love with ourselves/We're spiralling/We're tumbling down/We're spiralling/Tied up to the ground/We're spiralling