Friday 28 November 2008

Oook! Oook! Oook!

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, November 28, 2008 with
Monkey Bars
I have managed to practise on monkey-bars three times this week. The set I use is in Colefax Place Florey. Much much more practise is required! Back when I was at school, I was the monkey-bars king! Not any more.

Yesterday's track was on despite the BOM (Bureau of Meteorology) telling us to stay home and park under cover and batten the hatches. On the BOM website the storm was to our NW, heading straight towards us, and to the extreme right of the BOM scale in intensity, i.e. the heaviest rain and hail on the scale, which I have never seen here before. The promised storm did a 90 degree turn and we only experienced the edge of it. Someone else got it. I waited until the last event, 3k/5k, to race the 5k, but in lap six the skies did finally open and drenched us, so I bailed out of the 5k and trotted through the 3k finish line in a "very ordinary" 12:06: splits of 4:00, 4:02 and 4:04. I must confess I wasn't very comfortable in the humidity, and all the recent hard training had taken its toll so my 5k effort was less than convincing.

Paranoia time!



Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

It's OK! I haven't hacked your computer! The Danasoft link, above, contains an explanation.

Keep on swinging


Monkey bar practise might become useful one day.