Friday 25 July 2008

Fixing A Hole

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, July 25, 2008 with
I'm fixing a hole
where the rain gets in
and stops my mind
from wandering
where it will go
.

Possibly my favourite Sgt Pepper track. and we listened to Sgt Pepper many times, back then.

Aussie roadwork team



My mind does wander, I confess. No regular reader would be surprised to learn that. Hence my intention to keep each post more-or-less theme-focused. And not to stray in my blog to areas unrelated to music and running. ("Music" is a concession to the need for variety.) So nothing about entertainment, history, politics, religion, geography, science, other sports, and so on, except of course on the odd occasion when an item might sneak in disguised as music and running.

Speaking of not totally relevant issues, driving back from training last night there were no less than three idiots on the road. I feel I should out one of them, I have often felt like doing this. The driver of car YBN27E tried to run me off the road - he came up beside me as two lanes started merging into one, and stayed half a car length behind me, neither slowing down nor speeding up as the lanes merged. I couldn't speed up as cars were ahead of me so I ended up slamming on the brakes and letting him go ahead. Luckily the drivers behind could see what was happening and had also slowed down. But what a moron! I noted his number and the fact that he had a very large dent in his car from some recent incident. This driver later turned off Ginninderra Drive to enter Bruce.

Before that, at Dickson training last night were Al, Bronwyn, Caroline, Christine G, me, Jodie D, Miranda, Neil, Rachelle, Ruth, Steve, Thea, Tony & Yelena. We ran three sets of 500(400), 300(300), 200(300). The new boy Steve is very fast and just arrived from Scotland and doesn't mind the cold!

Geoff Sims is 60 today!


Geoff & Kathy. Good luck in Townsville!

Finally, in preparing for tomorrow's Bush Capital run, I noticed this rule which I really like!

"CHANGING YOUR RACE DISTANCE"
"If you find on race day that you are not having a good day, you can change to a shorter distance (eg. from 25k to 16k, or 60k to marathon) but you MUST inform the race recorder as you cross the finish line of the correct distance completed".

Right. Now I'm off to the gym and then to Stromlo for a run. Be good!



and when my mind is wandering
there I will go
.