Tuesday 12 February 2008

Light's Vision and a Clear Run

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 with
Monday Night's Training
Allrounder does such a good write-up, read hers! Present were Alistair, Amanda, Bronwyn, Two Christines, Emma, Ewen, Gary, me, Helen, Jeni, Jodie, Kathy, Katie, Kelley, Ken, Maria, Michael, Mick H, Neil, Peter, Rachelle, Rohan, Ruth and Tim. The "fast" loop was 330m and if I remember correctly, the "recovery" loop ~260m. The short steep hill on the "fast" loop made the session feasible.

Last Sunday's Sprint-Marathon Relay


Working out strategy? Or, working out where they are supposed to start from? Rachelle (cap), Maria (sunnies), Mick H (track suit top) and Margaret (doing the impression of Colonel William Light) make their final preparations.

This morning Jeni, Rachelle & I ran 10k. We were saturated top to toe and I mean saturated. The only good thing was, no wind. Earlier, driving to North Canberra from Belconnen via Ginninderra Drive at 7:30am, a clear run, light traffic!! The perfect time and road to travel on. The traffic was horrendous elsewhere this morning. I didn't feel like running the second 10k I had planned, but after changing T-Shirts I felt several tons lighter so I jogged 6k, not 10k because after all the shoes and socks were still heavy. Love the rain, though! It is a good thing today's Summer Series race is on the path and not across country! On the other hand, pity about the one day cricket scheduled for Canberra today, India v Sri Lanka. They may still get some play though as the sun is now out, but I understand the drainage at Manuka is, to put it kindly, less than optimum.