Monday 4 February 2008

Help Fight Local Warming

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, February 04, 2008 with
Monday Monitor
My training progress
last week’s target: 80k
achieved: 91k
year 2008 total to date: 432k in 5 weeks
this week’s target: 90k
weight: 65kg ►◄
song of the week: "Rain Down", by Delirious, from "World Service"

"Rain down all around the world we're singing
"Rain down can you hear the earth is singing
"Rain down my heart is dry but still I'm singing
"Rain down rain it down on me."


If anyone is wondering, all planned training sessions will go ahead, even if this rain continues all week as predicted.

video of the week: Help Fight Local Warming. (Or, Safe Blogging for Men). If only I'd known this earlier!
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/203

Last week I found particularly demanding, with several early starts, too much racing (see my "over-racing" article in the February Vetrunner) and a longer week than planned. Still, the improvements continue, and as I say in the article, if you choose very short races rather than long, recovery is much quicker. Now to get that 5k time back under twenty minutes! The plan is to race once this week, a track 3k on Thursday, the further under 11:45 it is the more confident I will be of a sub-20 5k. Meanwhile, next Sunday's "Sprint Marathon" relay will be an opportunity for me, not in a team, to run most of the relay with the teams, seeing how long I can keep up. But not flat-out; a threshold run. Other company would be good!

See you at Parliament House tonight. Bring a change of clothes and a towel!

Good Weather for Frogs