Monday 11 February 2008

Crying out for Consistency

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, February 11, 2008 with
Monday Monitor
My training progress
last week’s target: 90k
achieved: 110k
year 2008 total to date: 542k in 6 weeks
this week’s target: 100k
weight: 64.5kg ▼
web clock of the week! http://www.yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html
quote of the week: "When you're going through hell... keep going!" - Winston Churchill
song of the week: Which to bury, Us or the Hatchet/Let It All Out - Relient K - from “MmHmm”

Let It All Out
Let it all out
get it all out
rip it out remove it
don't be alarmed
when the wound begins to bleed

cause we're so scared to find out
what this life's all about
so scared we're going to lose it
not knowing all along
that's exactly what we need

and today I will trust you with confidence
of a man who's never known defeat
but tomorrow, upon hearing what I did
I will stare at you in disbelief
oh, inconsistent me
crying out for consistency

and you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember
the end will justify the pain it took to get us there

and I'll let it be known
at times I have shown
signs of all my weakness
but somewhere in me
there is strength

and you promise me
that you believe
in time I will defeat this
cause somewhere in me
there is strength

and today I will trust you with the confidence
of a man who's never known defeat
and I'll try my best to just forget
that that man isn't me

reach out to me
make my heart brand new
every beat will be for you
for you

and I know you know
you touched my life
when you touched my heavy heart and made it light


I haven't quite decided what to race this week - maybe the Summer Series race at Acton on Tuesday, maybe the track 3000m on Thursday. After last week's quicker 3000m, I am not sure I can lift myself mentally to another fast effort so soon! And my first real target this year is the 10k track on Thursday 21st. I need some sort of hit-out this week, but the 10k will take 100% concentration and determination if I am to be satisfied with the outcome.

"The race must be won in the mind 100 times before it is finally won in reality"
~ Marty Liquorie (quoted in "Lore of Running")


Our numbers are increasing

Make sure you get to know and make feel welcome the newest speedygeese. And invite more to join us. Make a point of showing everyone how friendly we are!

*The words of the title, "Crying out for Consistency", come from the song.