Sunday 9 December 2007

Well Trained

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, December 09, 2007 with
Happy birthday Amanda 40 today.
Happy Birthday Yelena 26 today.

Last night Jenny and I joined in the celebrations of Amanda's 40th birthday at Maria & Peter's house. A day early, but we did stay until midnight. I think we did, it's all a bit hazy. A few friends and a few relatives enjoyed the occasion. A balmy night, it is good of Amanda to have been born in summer.

Yesterday I trained at Stromlo for the first time. John Kennedy pushed me along in 3 x 1k reps, and Diana was also there, also Bruce and Carol not far away, and intermittently a crowd of elites flew past: Marty, Anthony, Adam among them. I was pleased to run 4:05, 4:00, 4:00 for the three intervals. I wore my Nike Frees for the first time in not-slow running and if I recover OK the plan is eventaully to revert to bare feet. It is 42 years since I regularly ran bare-footed!

I also ran bare-topped, it was so sultry. I suppose that's a longer term option out there too.

By the way, John's times were way faster than mine.

An old favourite with a new caption


This is how it feels to be sharing the running track with a large company of elite runners in the vicinity. Who could gobble you up in an instant. The runners, like the dogs here, are well trained!