Monday 24 December 2007

Ma has a ham

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, December 24, 2007 with
Monday Monitor
My training progress
last week’s target: 90k
achieved: 65k
year total to date: 3,819k in 51 weeks
this week’s target: 94k
weight: 66kg ►◄

song of the week: “C S Lewis Song’, by Brooke Fraser, from “Albertine”.

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?

'Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
An avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

Despite completing seven training sessions last week, I managed only 65k. Something to do with heat early in the week and rain later. No Stromlo run last week but I intend running there again this Saturday. I will fit in as much running as possible, around festivities and parties, but I will have to do 94k to run off the food!

Last night, "Hogfather" part 1 was excellent. Nothing was left out! despite the flood of characters and sub-plots. I am so glad they ripped straight into it. I am looking forward to seeing the second half tonight.

Happy Christmas!