Tuesday 25 December 2007

Draw puts ruby, O Jesus selfless, use joy, burst upward

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 with
Merry Christmas - http://badaboo.free.fr/merryxmas.swf courtesy of Langty. (Sound on!)

LEON NOEL was born on Christmas Eve in 1908 and became a child celebrity in his hometown of Valparaiso, Indiana. He was included in Robert L. Ripley's Ripley's Believe It or Not. Noel lived most of his life in St. Petersburg, Fla. He died in Largo, Fla., on Christmas Day 1999.


Here's another relevant-to-the-season Brooke Fraser song from Albertine:

Faithful

There's distance in the air
And I cannot make it leave
I wave my arms `round about me
And blow with all my might

I cannot sense you close
Though I know you're always here
But the comfort of you near
Is what I long for

CHORUS
When I can't feel you
I have learned to reach out just the same
When I can't hear you
I know you still hear every word I pray
And I want you
More than I want to live another day
And as I wait for you
Maybe I'm made more faithful

All the folly of the past
Though I know it is undone
I still feel the guilty one
Still trying to make it right

So I whisper soft your name
And let it roll around my tongue
Knowing you're the only one who knows me
You know me

Show me how I should live this
Show me where I should walk
I count this world as loss to me
You are all I want
You are all I want

Walking by Faith makes so much more sense than living in fear and hopelessness.