Friday 19 October 2007

(my able body isn't what it used to be)

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, October 19, 2007 with
My new training plan, taking into account how much slower I have been getting:
  • Monday - speedwork (pm)
  • Tuesday - tempo run (am)
  • Wednesday - gym (am) & tempo run (lunch time)
  • Thursday - tempo run (am) & Vets track (pm)
  • Friday - swim (am)
  • Saturday - tempo run (am)
  • Sunday - tempo run (am)

  • All to be supplemented by long jogs whenever I feel like it, and a well constructed stretching regime. Doing tempo runs, rather than long slow runs with purely distance targets, is my attempt to get distance speed back towards what it should be.

    My new targets
    I will not confess to any further target times this year, but the long term objective is to find some form again in March 2008 so that I can
  • run well in the Nationals in Sydney at Easter 2008
  • be ready for some good M60 races in May 2008 and beyond.

  • All being well I will probably run in April's Canberra Marathon next year too.

    Song of the week - One, by U2




    Prize winning geese


    Barbara and I with our Australasian Games half marathon medals