Tuesday 30 October 2007

Alternative Views

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 with
Working hard....



...or hardly working?



"When Birds Fly in the Right Formation, They Need Only Exert Half the Effort. Even in Nature, Teamwork Results in Collective Laziness".
(I have quite a collection of anti-motivation posters. I might just publish some more of them. One needs to be able to laugh at oneself once in a while.)

Last night's training
We ran four by ~650m with a jog back. And we introduced some simple stretches as part of the warm-up and cool-down. An excellent turn out; there certainly are a good number of highly motivated runners in our group, all aspiring to succeed. Participating were Alan, Amanda, Bronwyn, Cathy, Emma, Gary, GeoffB, GeoffM, Helen, Jodie, Joel, Katie, Ken, Margaret, Maria, MickH, Neil, Peter, Rachelle, Richard, Ruth and Sonia. The only disappointment was that most of the dangerous "one-way" signs remain firmly planted in our preferred path, so plan B was actioned; we ran our intervals via the "rose"-garden instead of alongside the road..

Moore Stretching
We have now incorporated stretching into our Monday night training. I have been talking about stretching a lot on this blog recently. Why then should it surprise you that I have kept my promises and have incorporated more stretches into our training routine? Ah, I know, no-one reads this far down; too many words or too convoluted for the average 21st century illiterate child. So if you are reading this, you are a rare person indeeeed. I might just give a caramel koala to the next two people from my training group who tell me they are rare. As a reward for getting this far down the post and negotiating all the waffle. I will take a punt that Sonia will be the first. You can even email or ring me to make sure you win. Ken always wins everything; he'll be next, but won't count because he won one at the dinner last week. This will confirm though what I already know; most geese will enjoy looking at the pictures photos cartoons and posters and leave it at that.

Stretch 12 - Achilles tendon


Sit on the floor with one leg straight and one leg bent and your heel close to your buttocks. Grasp the bottom of your foot with both hands. Raise the foot up, keeping your heel on the floor. Gently now.