Tuesday 25 September 2007

Chicken flashback

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 with

At Speedy Geese Training on Monday were Adam, Alan, Cathy, Colin, Emma, Ewen, me, Helen, Kathy, Katie, Kelley, Ken, Maria, Mick, Neil, Ruth and Sonia. We returned to one of our 100m hills and ran 20 sprints up and jogs down, restarting each 90 seconds.

Keep on stretching
Stretch 2. Hamstring: Lying with one leg bent, one straight, place your foot into the loop of a stretching rope. Lift your leg as far as you can. Grasp the ends of the rope with both hands and "climb" up it, hand over hand, as your leg lifts. Repeat several times.

From Ken Eynon:
The National Capital Authority (NCA) has a draft brochure in print at the moment called 'Lake Burley Griffin and Surrounding Parklands'. The brochure is a guide to the recreational activities and areas in and around Lake Burley Griffin. I have seen a copy of this brochure being a ACTCCC representative on the 'NCA Lake Users Group.' I expect that the NCA want to brochure out in the public domain very quick hence this email.
In my humble opinion the brochure is excellent although I do have a few gripes. I have mentioned these to the NCA, but fear that they might ignore them anyway. The brochure mentions some clubs (not running, walking or triathlon etc) and I feel that this is unfair. This is another matter and not as important as below.
My main beef is that the recreational trails around the lake that we all like to run on, are called 'Cycle Path' on the brochure. If my memory serves me correctly these were originally called 'Recreational Trails' and somehow over the years the name has changed to 'Bike or Cycle Path' As these recreational trails in my mind are not only for cycling, I am suggesting that runners and walkers contact the NCA ASAP and suggest that the name be changed to 'Recreational Trails' as they are a shared facility and not solely for bike riders.
The NCA contact is Tanya Boulter email tanya.boulter at natcap.gov.au or phone 6272 2978. If you do have the time get yourself a copy of the brochure and provide comments as you see fit.