Friday 3 November 2006

No white chocolate. No fudge.

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, November 03, 2006 with
third sub 12 in a month
Interclub results last Saturday: Kathy Southgate 10:51.35; yours truly 11:55.29. Great run by Kathy in windy conditions. I see my name is missing from the official results. Some other person is recorded with my time. It is the first time I have run there for 15 years. I am not impressed.

John Martin rules, OK
As a prolific reader, I have always read John Martin’s column in the Canberra Times. He had a wonderful column full of local interest. It was the only really good thing in the paper, other than the English cryptic crossword and the Sudoku puzzle. Now he has gone, and his replacement is some ditsy female who cares only for name dropping and gossip and celebrities. I am not impressed.

Fair Go for the ABC
The government has contrived to have "The Glass House" removed from television? Not a program I ever watched as I found it somewhat unsavoury. But removing satirical comedies from our air waves? We have finally lost the plot. I am not impressed.

Everything else is ALL GOOD.

I will see if I can dig out some of my favorite quotes to use as titles.... see if you can guess where the quotes originate.