Tuesday 3 October 2006

not driving, resting

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 with
Adelaide continues to be fine and sunny, it will be 26 degrees today which probably means 28 degrees here in Elizabeth. I managed another 14k or so yesterday and again today, and when I get back to my home PC, I will get into the mapping software and post a map of where I am running.

I think I will run the 3000m the first night of track, all being well. Get there about 4:50pm, do my normal long slow warm-up, then run the 7.5 laps at a steady pace.

After that I might even run the 1500m at 3000m pace. Just to see what it feels like.

I think a plan would be to run fairly slowly the first few track races in case of injury on that unforgiving surface, and builds up to “top speed” later in the season.

I am also looking forward to joining a few of my running friends at della Rocca after the first night of track.

My training progressweight unknown. distance last week - unknown but I will estimate it later. holiday – just fine.

By the way, petrol is as low as 1:09 per litre here in Elizabeth, or 1:05 with discount.