Friday 27 October 2006

13 to 81

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, October 27, 2006 with
quote of the day: "What is to give light must endure burning." -- Victor Frankl

My favourite song, "Light Surrounding You" by Evermore, quoted under the banner, has entered the Australian charts at number 8 this week, so its video clip will be on "Rage" early tomorrow morning (as well as "Video Hits" etc. I guess). Can't wait to see the clip. (edit - about 7:20 am or so, on ABCTV)

On 24 July I said “you the reader range in years from 12 (I believe) to 76 (I believe)”. I can update that now! The lower number has moved from 12 to 13, ah how time does pass. The higher number would have moved by now to 77 except I forgot two who are regular readers and neither of them let on they were older! Keith, you’re now 80; but my mum wins the race; she turned 81 this month. So you the reader now range from 13 to 81. And happy birthday to speedyJarod, six years old tomorrow. Don't think Jarod's a reader yet though.

Another great track meet last night; colder and blusterier than the previous week, the weather didn't stop me from taking eight more seconds off my 3k time and run 11:31, with quite a big negative split. I have "only" 16 more seconds to improve to attain my target time, and two months to do it.

Great running from Katie winning her heat of the 800m in fine style, also Colin tearing away in the 3000m for clear second.

efficient farming!
"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?" - Groucho Marx